Yesterday, I worked a craft fair from 9am-4pm. It reached a high of 94 degrees. Needless to say, I was absolutely exhausted when I got home. My family pampered and I got some great sleep, but the last thing that I wanted to do today was cook hour-long meals and snacks. I stumbled upon a recipe by Sweet Tooth Recipes and adapted part of it. My daughter helped and we created Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookies! It takes 30 minutes (5 minutes to put everything together and 25 minutes in the oven). What could be better! My adjustments are marked with an asterix.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tblsp water*
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract*
- 6 tbslp butter, melted*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a 9×13 pan and cover the bottom with 1/2 tsp of butter. This prevents the cookies from sticking.
- In a bowl, pour in the ingredients and stir until completely blended.
- Once blended, pour the mixture in the 9×13 pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.
The entire family loved these cookies. Now, I’ll rest. Enjoy!
* You can read more blog posts at rokhandmade.com